Announcements and Important Events
Central Bucks School District families:
The athletic department has updated our transportation procedures for the 20-21 school year based on the hybrid learning model that will begin next week. In our hybrid learning model, all students will be asked exit campus at 1:30pm to travel home. Upon arrival at home, student athletes should have lunch, get changed into athletic gear, retrieve their water bottles and equipment, and return to school at 3pm for their practices or games. Unfortunately, due to COVID-19, we cannot provide all 125-250 athletes at the high schools and middle schools the proper supervision, areas to eat lunch, or locker rooms to get changed.
On game “away” days at the high school level, student athletes will be supervised from 1:30-2pm until they get on the bus to travel to their away contest. We will provide an area for the students to store their equipment, get changed into uniforms and have some lunch prior to getting on the bus. A shuttle will be provided for those 9th graders who need to get from their middle school to their high school.
At the middle school level on games days, athletes will be responsible for providing their own transportation to their opponent’s school. Since we are only playing schools within Central Bucks School district, the travel will be limited.
The following rules will be observed on all bus trips:
- Students will be seated two per seat in standard buses
- Students will be assigned seats when feasible
- Family members will sit together
- Students and coaches are always required to wear a mask or face coverings while using district transportation
- Drivers to wear face coverings when students enter and exit
- When possible, bus windows will be open to increase ventilation
- Athletes will be told to face forward at all times.
If you have specific questions regarding the details of transportation, please contact your building athletic director. These procedures are subject to change as updated guidance from the State becomes available.
District Athletic Director